Genomic-enhanced EPDs are here for Brahman breeders....That means You!
Here's how it works:
- Let us know if you want to be part of the next evaluation! We currently offer a spring and fall Genomically Enhanced Sire Summary / Genetic Evaluation.
- Send us your DNA, or let us know if you already have it on file in a SNP format.
- If you need help collecting the DNA, the Brahman Country team will come to your ranch and help you collect the samples. That's how much we believe in this!
- Send us any data you have (birthweight, weaning weight, yearling weight, udder scores, etc).
- Producers are required to sign an affidavit stating all data submitted, including date of birth, is accurate.
The cost per head is $37 – a price well worth the peace of mind that comes with knowing the data on your cattle is real, honest, and accurate. This fee also includes your parentage evaluation in an SNP format that can be shared with ABBA.
What You'll Get:
- Parent verification of your pedigree
- Genomically enhanced EPDs on your cattle
- Increased accuracy in your EPDs
- Excel spreadsheet of the evaluation with data values for your cattle in 9 different traits
- Percentile ranking of your cattle against the rest of the cattle in the evaluation
April 1, 2022
August 15, 2022
Let's Get Started
When sending samples to Zoetis, the more information the more accurate the EPDs will be. Pedigree information is required, and numbers like birth, weaning and yearling weights will only help your samples. Get this information organized on the individuals you’re interested in obtaining genomic-EPDs on and ensure there is a familial linkage to BRC cattle.
- Fill out our Request to Participate in Genetic Evaluation
- Or, email email@example.com
If you have any questions, contact Keaton Dodd at 979-532-9141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can’t wait for you to enjoy the timely and accurate rewards of genomic-enhanced EPDs.